13.2.09

Quoting Aidan John Moffat

Former Arab Strap singer, Aidan Moffat, writes for the Vice blog, in the weekly column called "A good thing to lose". You should check it out. In particular I'm quoting some words from his review of "Mamma mia!" about the acting of Pierce Brosnan, on which I completely agree:

"[...]Colin Firth reveals a quite shocking soprano while Julie Walters raises a smile, but the clear Man of the Match is Pierce Brosnan. God, I love Pierce Brosnan. I’d gladly watch all his scenes every weekend for the rest of the year. He can’t sing at all, but he doesn’t need to: he’s Pierce Fucking Brosnan. I can’t explain it, but there’s something in the very essence of that man that makes me warm inside, and when he wasn’t on screen I spent the time of his absence ardently anticipating his return. Have you seen him in The Matador? I love him in that."

m.s.

Nessun commento: